Has it ever happened to you that you were writing something and suddenly get confused regarding the right spelling of message and start wondering whether it is messege or message? It is quite normal to sometimes forget the spelling of frequently used words.
Sometimes, even if we know the spelling, we get confused by the fact whether there is ‘e’ or ‘a’ in the middle or if a certain word has a single s or spelled with two s’s. Most of us have been in situations like this, so there is nothing to be embarrassed about. However, where there is a mistake, there is also room for correction. So, let’s correct the error and learn the proper spelling.
Is It Messege Or Message?
First things first, Message is the correct spelling. There is no such word in the English Language as Messege. If you have read it somewhere or using this spelling while writing, then you are doing it wrong. The right spelling for the word is the next one which is “message”.
The ‘a’ in the word ‘Message’ is not pronounced like the typical ‘a’ syllable is pronounced in English language such as in words like bat, mat, cat, car etc. But the pronunciation of ‘a’ in ‘Message is similar to how the words ‘baggage’ and ‘luggage’ are pronounced.
The word message can be used both as a verb and a noun. Here are some examples of the word as a verb –
- He messaged me in the morning.
- I have messaged her about the routine.
- She was messaging him the details of the report.
Here are some examples of the word as a noun –
- This is a message from Bruce Wayne.
- They want to burn Gotham to send a message to Batman.
- I have a message from the demon’s head.
What Is Messege?
Now that you know if it is messege or message, you should know the proper meaning of the correctly spelled word. This is because the best way to remember the spelling of any word is to understand the meaning behind it. The word ‘Message’ stands for the information you send directly or indirectly to another person or a group of people by another person or a group.
It could be both verbal and nonverbal. One can send the message on paper or through an electronic device. In older days, message was sent via a messenger or through messenger birds like pigeons. Then with the invention of telephone, people started sending messages via telephones. As telephones became more advanced, people started sending telephonic messages to each other in the form of voice records.
Nowadays, people usually send messages to each other via different electronic mediums in the form of written text or a voice record. The popular modern mediums for sending a message ( not Messege ) are SMS, Whatsapp, Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram, Skype, and more. When we get a message via electronic mediums, we get a notification via a message icon on our smartphone or personal computer.
Here are some common examples of messages that we get through electronic mediums –
- I am in a meeting, I will call you back later.
- Grab some eggs on your way back home from work.
- Please let me know if you have any questions.
- Thanks for the help.
- We meet at 10. Don’t be late.
How to use Message in a Sentence
Now that you know if it is messege or message, you should how to use the correctly spelled word ‘Message’ in a sentence.
- Here are some examples of how to use message in a sentence –
- She left me a message on my voicemail.
- The message of the movie was to always follow your dreams.
- He sent a message to his boss explaining why he was going to be late.
- The message on the billboard was difficult to read from a distance.
- She received a message from her friend asking if she wanted to grab lunch.
- The message in the book was clear: love conquers all.
- He wrote a message on the whiteboard for his students to see.
- The message of the song was about the importance of family.
- She sent a message to her sister telling her about the new job she got.
- The message from the CEO was that the company was going to be restructuring.
Is it Messege, Message, Or Massage
The confusion rises when you see one change after another. There are three spellings out there with the letter ‘a’ trading places or completely missing out from the word. So, is it messege or message? Or is it message or massage?
You should already know the answer to the first question. It is message, not messege. The latter word has a spelling error. However, the word Massage has a meaning. While a message means sending information, Massage means helping the body relax through the gentle stroke of the muscles.
It is a process of applying pressure on the muscles to relieve tension and help them relax. So, both message and massage have meaning.
Common Mistakes to avoid
By now you know that there is no word called ‘messege’ in English Language. The correct word is ‘message’ which has the letter ‘a’. If you were using the wrong spelling, then it might be because you got confused between ‘e’ and ‘a’ which is quite a common occurrence. To avoid making a mistake in the future, just remember that there is one ‘e’ and one ‘a’ in the word and the letter ‘e’ comes before ‘a’.
However, both the words ‘message’ and ‘massage’ are present in the English dictionary. As a result, people may easily get confused between the words message and massage. However there’s a simple way to avoid the mistake – just remember that massage has two a’s and message has only one a. Another common mistake people make is that using these two words interchangeably.
A good way to avoid this mistake is to understand the meaning of the words properly and how they can be used in a sentence. We have already given some example of how you can use the word ‘message’ in a sentence in the above sections.
But you can check out the following examples to know how you can use massage in a sentence:
- Tom’s massages are very good.
- I will go get a massage today.
- A massage will help loosen you up”
- “Will you give my shoulders a massage?”
- “The most common conditions that require remedial massage are shoulder pain and stiff necks.”
Messege Or Massage: Correct Uses
Here are some correct ways to use the word message –
- I can messege you after I go back home – Incorrect.
- I can message you after I go back home – Correct.
- Please deliver this messege to my mother – Incorrect
- Please deliver this message to my mother – Correct.
It should not be that hard to remember the difference between the correct and incorrect spelling of the word. If you are wondering if is it messege or message then this article should have helped you find the difference. There are many similar words like baggage, package, luggage, postage, and heritage. We can also make mistakes with their spelling sometimes.
But the best solution is to check the dictionary all the time. Also, if you are using electronic devices, turn on autocorrect to choose the proper spelling. I hope you have found the answer to your query. However, if you have any further queries, you can leave them in the comment.