Are you confused between the two words “their” and “there”? If yes, you have to correct the words that can work well for you in a sentence. Many people often make mistakes while using the two words in a sentence. If you feel the same pain, I can provide you with a solution for the same.
First of all, you need to keep your basics right. Then, work on your writing skills and understand the essence of a sentence where you want to use these two words. The pronunciation of the two words is the same, but the application is different.
What Is The Difference Between Their Vs There?
There are several points of difference between ‘There vs. Their’ that you need to know about if you want to clear your concept. Proper knowledge of the two words can rescue you from awful situations. The difference between ‘Their vs. There’ can make things easier for you.
When To Use There
The word “There” is an adverb that means “at that place. “There” indicates the place and direction of that place. In other words, the adverb “there” is used to mean to that place, in that place, or at that place. The use of ‘there’ reflects the direction and the place. It is one of the effective means to develop your sentence construction when you want to frame any sentence.
Let’s understand it with the help of some sentences to make the concepts clear about it.
- It is very hot there in the desert.
- I found this dollar lying there in the street.
In both sentences, the application of the adverb ‘there’ is done to denote the sentences. It can make things work for you in a better way if you know the difference between” Their vs There” in a proper way.
Apart from as an adverb, ‘there’ can also be used as a pronoun. As a pronoun, there is used to –
- Used as a function word while beginning a sentence or a clause
- Used as a substitute for a name
‘There’ is also an adjective in the following cases:
- Used to emphasize a statement. In this case, the word ‘there’ is used to modify a demonstrative noun or pronoun.
- It is used to mean that someone or something is capable of being relied on for support.
- ‘There’ is used to express feelings and emotions such as relief, encouragement, consolation, and approval.
As a noun, “There” is used to refer to a specific place or location, point, or position.
When To Use Their
The word “their” is a possessive form of the third-person plural pronoun “they”. The word “their” indicates the ownership of something. It is also used to mean belonging or relating to more than one person, or animal. It is essential for you to know in which kind of sentences you can use the word “their”.
Now, only my words cannot make you feel comfortable about this concept. So, let’s go through some of the examples to make things easier for you in a better way like:-
- Their names were called.
- All their equipment was loaded in the truck.
It is the reason why we use ‘their’ in the sentences to make things much more accurate and precise for the readers. If you analyze more, you will better understand the difference between “Their vs. There” concepts.
Tricks To Remember The Difference between Their vs There
The simplest way to identify the difference between the two words “There vs Their” concepts is to make your choices correctly to make things happen in your favor. Let’s get into the details of the two words to make the concepts easier for you like:-
There always denotes the location and the place, and “here” is included in the word of there. It also denotes the location and the direction where you want to get things done correctly.
On the other hand, the word “Their” is always followed by a noun. For example, their car, their parents, their iPod. All these sentences will have more impact while you want to implement these in your sentence framing.
Application Of The Words
Now, after the thorough analysis of the two concepts of words, there are specific parameters. It is one of the best things that you need to take care of while you use the proper application of the words. The application of the Their vs There can make things easier for you to develop in the long run.
The possessive pronoun is a replacement for the possessive pronoun. The house was decorated with a hollow man.
- There is a directional word.
- Their is a possessive word.
- They are for a contraction of words they are.
There has been a vast array of differences between the two words Their and There. The possessive pronoun is used for representing the gender of a person is unknown. On the other hand, there is used to represent the noun, pronoun, adverb and interjection.Their vs There concept will no longer be an issue for you.
Let’s explore some of the facts in the light of this matter to get a better idea about it. Therefore, let’s get the idea about it with some examples.
Example of sentences with ‘Their’
- On Halloween, their house was decorated.
- The dog was theirs.
- Why don’t you put her on the bed in their room?
- People lost their limbs and parts of their bodies in the bomb blast.
- Some churches charge rent for the use of their property, while others do not.
- The birds flew to their nests.
- The old couple led the dogs back to the hut and gave them their usual supper of bread and milk.
- Their clothing was old-fashioned and there was a kerosene lamp on a table.
- After getting on the bus, I realized that I had left my backpack at their house.
Examples of Sentences with ‘There’
- Are there some countries that have been able to tackle these problems successfully?
- The group of old buildings on the corner by the main road is still there today.
- We love going to France because we enjoy the culture, lifestyle, and food over there.
- Death is terrible. I agree with you there.
- We are making further investigations and will take the matter from there.
- Life after the Covid-19 pandemic has not yet returned to normal but we are getting there.
- He soon found a warm corner, and there he lay down, covering himself with the straw.
- Oh, hi there. You must be Sidney.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
How Do You Teach The Difference Between There And Their?
‘Their’ is a possessive pronoun and here is an example – ‘their car is red’. On the other hand, ‘There’ is an adverb and can be used as an adjective and pronoun. Here is an example – He is always there for me. An example of ‘there’ as a noun is – to get away from there.
How Do You Remember There And Their?
You can remember it with the help of the sentence – that this is there. It is one of the important things that you have to consider at your end when you want to make the proper use of the two factors. Proper planning can make things happen in the right way. You need to make sure what your objectives are.
What Are The Three Different Yours?
You possess the thing that belongs to you. See how things ends as our. You can use that as a reminder. When it belongs to us it is a reminder when any thing that belongs to you is a concept.
Which One Means A Person?
There is the opposite of here. It reflects the position, place, or the destination. It is a contraction, they are they that belong to them.
Some Quizzes Can Make Things Easier For You
Here are some quizzes on ‘There vs Their’ which will help you to check whether you have understood the difference between these two words –
- _______ machineries are of high quality.
- __________ was a huge tree once upon a time.
- Do not go _______
These are some of the effective facts that you need to bother about while you want to develop your idea and concept on the two words “Their and There”. It is one of the best and essential facts that you have to take care while you want to develop your concepts in a better way. Here, “there” refers to a place and Their refers to belongingness. The proper application of the strategy can make things easier and effective for you.